Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Hawaii--Swimming

On our last day in Hawaii James convinced me to go swimming in the pool that sat outside our condo, despite my aversion to water. We could hear people in it all day long and into the night, as it had a BBQ grill beside it and seemed like a pretty popular place. After our morning run we ate breakfast and then headed over. It was about 8 A.M. but already so warm it felt good to jump in the water. It was actually quite fun. James worked as a swim instructor and lifeguard for several years, so he showed me all the various strokes, and gave me the opportunity to try them out. I have to admit, there's something special about swimming under palm trees and plumeria trees. I think I could even go back and do it again.

You can see the jacuzzi to the side.  I went there first, as James had been training me to run and my legs were sore.  In the background you can see the plumeria tree and palms.



I didn't take my camera to the pool of course, so after we dressed we headed back to catch a few photos.  Luckily no one was there except the maintenance crew, and they didn't seem to mind the crazy lady lying on the hot concrete taking photos.

2 comments:

  1. How nice to have your own private swim instructor and no kids to watch over. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that there is something special about relaxing in a pool with the palm trees over you. Ah, Hawaii.

    ReplyDelete