Monday, July 25, 2011

They have dinosaurs at the zoo!

We took the kids to the zoo again, this time to focus on the animatronic dinosaurs that are on temporary display there. Normally I wouldn't bring an external flash with me to the zoo, but I figured the dinos wouldn't complain about flash in their faces too much, and I wanted to do some experimentation with on-camera flash. To be entirely truthful, I wanted to try off-camera flash, too, but my oldest daughter went on strike and refused to hold a flash in a public place. The other kids just wanted to look at the dinosaurs. Silly children.




Wow, our zoo has headless giraffes!





Our own little animatronic dinosaur, ready to go home.

And Daddy is still smiling!

(6-16-11)

2 comments:

  1. These are amazing. I was ABOUT to be amazed that your kids are about the only ones I have heard of that were not scared of those dinosaurs. :) I'm excited to see them myself next weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These were fun to see. We went recently, too. The kids want to go back and see the dinos we missed but I'm afraid they may be gone by the time we get back there.

    ReplyDelete