Thursday, July 21, 2011

I didn't quite know how to put this

After I posted the pictures of the calf, it was killed in a sudden, huge windstorm.  It was so localized in spots that it started plucking the flowers out of the flower pots, one by one, without knocking over the pots (I kid you not).  Anyway, apparently the calf tried to take shelter by the gates that my husband and neighbor had put in the field to store hay in.  You can see the gates in the calf photos.  The wind knocked over the entire set, and. . .Bye, bye, little calf.

I'm just grateful that our son chose to check on his chickens instead of the calf before his mother demanded that he come inside out of the storm.

(June 6, 2011)

2 comments:

  1. Kimber you must have been very busy the past few days with this blog. The calf is the last thing I've seen yet I've seen many of these photos. Probably on our Peeps blog. Everythng looks terrific!

    ReplyDelete