Saturday, May 14, 2011

Lunch with Candice Stringham


Last year I had the opportunity to take Candice Stringham's online photography classes at JessicaSprague.com.  They literally changed my life.  Not only is Candice an outstanding photographer, but her teaching style is clear and professional.  Then a few months ago I was offered a job as one of her T.A.s.  What a privilege!  It is a pleasure to interact with students from all over the world, and I continue to learn so much myself as I work with Candice and her other incredible T.A., Nancy Riley.

I didn't think it could get much better.  But yesterday I was able to meet with Candice--as well as her beautiful mother--in person.  And yes, she is just as pretty and charming and generous as she appears in her classes!

There are several people who have had a huge impact for good in my life.  I count my friend Candice as one of them.  Thank you, Candice, for being who you are, and for giving me the opportunity to learn from you.



P.S. Look what else she did for me before my daughter and I left for home. My camera's never been happier.

9 comments:

  1. I love that. Your camera's never been happier. You have such a beautiful daughter, Kimber.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a nice posting Kimber! Love the photo of your daughter too. I love those cheeks! And I have to say when I opened this and saw you I thought it was a woman I used to work with, you look just like her! Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a lovely tribute, Kimber, and I'm honored to be mentioned in the same paragraph as Candice.

    Marilee looks darling. All three of you, actually.

    Is the 7D like Marcia Brady after Davy Jones kissed her cheek? "I'll never wash this cheek again!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad that you had the opportunity to meet with Candice, Kimber. Your story is quite wonderful! And what special photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, so sweet Kimber! Love the story and the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing, Kimber! What a great day it must have been. (Dang, that picture of your girl is beautiful, look at that DoF...) Lovely picture of you and Candice too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very lovely story and tribute! And such beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Best.Day.Ever.!!!!!! Glad you posted the pics...all three of you are so stinkin' cute!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete