Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Chicken-sitting the "peeps"


Yes, you heard right: we are chicken sitting for some friends while they are on vacation.  We have several chickens that we keep, so our friends asked us if their little "peeps" could run with ours for a few days.  "The more the merrier," our kids said--especially Conner--so here they are.  Of course we can't babysit a few chickens without a scrapbook page being made, right?  So I ran down to the coop yesterday to catch a few shots.  This is one of them.  Notice the "peepers" on that "peep" focused on me?  Well, about three seconds after I snapped this photo, she decided she didn't like being a subject and flew at me.  Luckily, the camera and I survived, and I still managed a few more shots, but this is probably the best of the bunch.  But it makes a great story, right?

3 comments:

  1. Oooh, love the photo Kimber. I think the composition is right on with the details and the balance of the blur. Beautiful color. Hilarious story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You live with a lot of adventure, between the chickens and Conner. :-)

    ReplyDelete