Saturday, July 17, 2010

Carousel

Ah, photography.  I love it, and I've been taking pictures since I was 10.  But it wasn't until this spring that I finally got the chance to start studying photography.  I took two classes from Candice Stringham, an incredibly talented photographer, teacher, and genuinely kind person to boot.  Class is over, but I'm still playing, and whenever I get a chance to challenge myself I take it.
This isn't always easy when you have 5 children in tow.  Luckily, I have a supportive husband, so he's been willing to act as assistant, and since my kids have grown up with a camera in their faces, they're pretty good sports when it comes to "picture time."
Last Tuesday we took the kids to the zoo (minus our oldest daughter, who was at girls' camp--sniff).  Now I have taken lots and lots and lots of photos at the zoo (who hasn't?), but I hadn't tried photographing the kids on the carousel yet.  So that was the challenge for the day.  Luckily we had some money in our monthly "entertainment fund," so the kids got to ride twice and I got to snap photos.  Wouldn't you call that a good bargain?  Well. . .  The three girls had a blast--put them on an animal and they'd smile forever.  Conner, however, wanted to choose his own animal--the eagle.  Unfortunately, the eagle was in the wrong location for me to catch some good photos before and after the carousel started turning (This mommy wants to cover all her bases!).  So instead of a series of charming, ready-to-go-on-the-wall photos, I ended up with a story.  Which is fine.  After all, that's what scrapbooking is for. . .and blogs.  So, Conner, my love, this thread is for you:

4 comments:

  1. Conner's face in that last shot! Great pictures, Kimber.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even when Conner doesn't want to be a good subject it turns out unique. Great job, Kimber.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! Ha! Ha! That's hilarious! The girls are so beautiful and poised, and Conner just makes me laugh. I think you should put them on the wall anyways!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Kelly. Those are wall worthy!

    ReplyDelete