Saturday, October 23, 2010

I have a new nephew. . .

. . .and my sister and brother-in-law were kind enough to let me come and try my hand at photographing a newborn--a three-day-old newborn to be exact.  So after three hours (with many breaks for kissing, cuddling, and feeding) and 208 photos later, here are a few of my favorites:



His big sister has already staked her claim on her baby brother.

"This makes two of us boys, now, Baby!"

My brother-in-law is a professional balloon sculptor, and since their son was born in October, we decided to go with a balloon pumpkin patch for a background.  He didn't seem to mind.

7 comments:

  1. Fantastic job Kimber! Absolutely beautiful children!
    You must be happy with your shoot :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to you and your family. Beautiful photo shoot. Precious days, aren't they.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet Kimber! I love the shots with the siblings, they're so soft and dreamy. A very beautiful family indeed. Congrats to all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kimber,

    COngrats on your nephew! What a doll. And I love the story behind the sculpted balloons, that's neat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photos! The pumpkin balloons are a nice touch in the background to tie him with his family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job! After watching a bro & sis-in-law of a friend do pictures of our twins when they came home I had a new found appreciation for photographers. They look great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Kimber! Love the pumpkin balloons but really love the photos with the siblings.... so sweet and genuine!

    ReplyDelete